Historic churches: Community Baptist
During the life of the Nacoochee Institute, a Presbyterian school, an outreach program was conducted in a nearby wooden building called the Community House. It was used for educational and entertainment purposes as well as religious services.
When the school moved to Rabun County in 1927 the Community House fell into disrepair, but the congregation continued to meet. They called a pastor and organized the Community Baptist Church.