School Group Tours
Additional Hands-on Arts Activity
Heritage Tour with Hardman Farm Tour
|tour||per student||length of tour|
|Museum Tour||$3.00||approx. 1 hour|
|Heritage Tour||$5.00||approx. 2 hours|
|Additional Hands-on Arts Activity||additional $5.00||additional 1-2 hours|
|Heritage Tour with Hardman Farm||$10.00||Full day|
Transportation Scholarship Information
The Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia's Transportation Scholarship Fund offers help with bus transportation to and from the Museum and free admission for a basic Museum Tour for White County Schools. Reimbursement of travel expenses for qualifying schools in White County are generously underwritten by Dean and Kay Swanson and Don Meaders in honor of Anita Meaders.
Transportation requests must be received by the Museum at least one month prior to visit. It is the responsibility of the teacher to confirm with their transportation department. The Transportation Reimbursement Application information must be submitted at least one month prior to visit. Only completed requests will be considered. Please contact Anna Doll at FolkPotteryDirector@snca.org for more information.
Additional Teacher Resources
- Pre-visit: Elementary-Middle School FPM PowerPoint download now
- Pre-visit: High School FPM PowerPoint download now
- Post-visit: Face Mug ceramics project that teachers can do with students, FPM lesson plan download now.
We work to make sure that our tours connect to the Georgia Standards of Excellence to optimize your student learning during your visit. Please see the following standard links to see the list of standards that connect to the tour options:
- Folk Pottery Museum Tour K-8
- Folk Pottery Museum Tour 9-12
- Museum and Heritage Tour K-8
- Museum and Heritage Tour 9-12
- Additional Arts Activity K-8
- Additional Arts Activity 9-12
- Post Visit Lesson Sugestions